Friday, July 25, 2014

Cloud by Day



Prophetic Art inspired by the Bible-finding a way through the desert guided by God’s light and presence.
~ Cloud by Day ~

Today I bring my most recent piece to you. It is done in a rather different style than my usual one. I have been experimenting with the technique of dusting which I used in particular for the clouds and the flame, but
also for some parts of the ground. I am really excited with the result and will add this technique to my toolbox for future use. 

The picture shows the path of searching in a  place of dryness and aridity - a desert. However, there is a way through - even though only faintly visible - and  the presence of a guiding light. There are also the clouds above with the promise of rain bringing fruitfulness and some glimmers of green throughout the dry land as little glimpses of hope. The title Cloud by Day resonates with this wandering through the desert. A place that always reminds me of God's faithfulness, even and especially in  difficult times.



~For the LORD your God has blessed you in all that you have done; He has known your wanderings through this great wilderness. These forty years the LORD your God has been with you; you have not lacked a thing.~
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Deuteronomy 2:7 NASV


~You have taken account of my wanderings; Put my tears in Your bottle. Are they not in Your book?~

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Psalms 56:8 NASV



by Charis Gabriel

No comments:

Post a Comment