Thursday, August 14, 2014

Giving Life



Worship Art in Soft Pastels reflecting on the transforming presence of God’s Holy Spirit
~ Giving Life ~

This is the latest drawing in my current series. Very similar to the 'Woman at the Well', which I have done some time ago, I have tried to capture in this picture the lasting transformation that a spiritual encounter brings. With this drawing I carry this theme further to illustrate the changes in our personal world when the divine invades the ordinary. The dry places, the wilderness - and that may well be the wilderness of our hearts - are changed into a landscape full of signs of a living hope and wonder at the simple beauty of God's creation. The title ~ Giving Life ~ seeks to express the perpetual flow of life first received as the true fountain of life from Jesus - the true life. It also points to the overflowing abundance of the divine gift which transforms all that it touches. 



The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.
 Revelation 22:17 NIV

O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
You have enclosed me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me.
Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I take the wings of the dawn, if I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me.
For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb.
I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well.



From Psalm 139, NASB

No comments:

Post a Comment