Friday, August 29, 2014

Song of the Bride






A Mixed Media work which is based on one of my Soft Pastel drawings expressing through texture and color the love song of the bride of Christ




This is one of my rare digital media works. It is based on my earlier Soft Pastel drawing 'Torch Bringer'. The special effects have been achieved with GIMP which I find to be a brilliant tool and great fun to work with. 

This image is based on a close up of the bride as she is found in the original picture. It seeks to give a stronger expression to the flow of her longing. As she draws closer to her bridegroom something new and fresh springs from the depth of her being like a new song - the song of the bride.


Deep calls to deep at the sound of Your waterfalls;
All Your breakers and Your waves have rolled over me.
 The Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime;
And His song will be with me in the night,
A prayer to the God of my life. 

Psalms 42:6,7 NASV




No comments:

Post a Comment