Friday, September 05, 2014

Wind Dancer



A Soft Pastels painting in the bright shades of blue, purple and magenta expressing the beauty and audacity of the creative, intuitive dance. 



This picture is full of the colourful, bold and exuberant joy that the abandon to the creative spark in us brings - the dance being one of the many, many ways this spark is fanned into a flame. I chose the title Wind Dancer because the wind will go where it will and even a gentle breeze can be strong and compelling fanning the smallest spark into a bright flame. It is the ever changing flow, the freshness, the unpredictability and even audacity that fascinates me.

Looking at the finished work I discovered, much to my surprise, that strongly reminds me of a friend of mine. It's really that I have seen and experienced in her a lot of what this picture expresses. Sarah - this is for you!



You make Your messengers like the winds;
the breeze whispers Your words,
Your servants are like the fire and flame. 

Psalms 104:4
The Voice


He was dancing before the Lord with all his strength.

2. Samuel 6:14 NLV





No comments:

Post a Comment