Thursday, September 18, 2014

Tree of Life

This digital picture displays an array of blue trees centred around a a glowing light that connects and binds them together.



This digital picture was created based on my soft pastel drawing from 2012.
The original was inspired by Teresa of Avila's saying that our soul is like a beautiful tree planted in living water. In this new version I have tried to express how we relate and connect to each other using the same symbol and how this connectedness is nourished and enabled by the light that shines in us. The light that lets us live and laugh, have compassion with each other, cry with each other and share who we truly are in so many ways. I guess I am seeking for a creative expression of what defines us in our humanity - and I believe a lot of it is just that - that we can resonate with each other spark each other and in doing so be more abundantly alive.








Please also have a look at my new website. It is till in the making as you will see, however the image gallery is much better than the one I had on this blog, please have a look at it! There is also a permanent link to the website in the sidebar for you to use.




No comments:

Post a Comment